Feel the wind in your ears with this adorable Minnie Mouse kite craft! This craft is from Disney Family Sundays, an original series on Disney+.
What You’ll Need:
- Minnie Mouse template printout
- Square wooden dowels in various sizes
- hot glue
- White polka dot stickers
- Red craft foam
- Black vinyl
- White paint pen
- Red and white polka dot vinyl
- Red ribbon
- Red nylon fabric
How to Make It:
- Place the square wooden dowels into a kite shape and use hot glue to attach them together.
- Lay out the red nylon fabric and place the kite frame on top. Trim around the edges to get the general kite shape. Then use hot glue to attach the fabric onto the frame. Use scissors to trim off any excess fabric.
- Cut out the Minnie Mouse template, then trace onto the black vinyl and cut it out.
- Then, cut the Minnie Mouse Bow out of the template. Trace the bow onto the red craft foam and red polka dot vinyl, and cut them out.
- Using the white paint pen, decorate the red craft foam bows with white polka dots.
- Decorate the front of the kite with white polka dot stickers in a staggered pattern.
- Place the Minnie cutouts onto the centre of the kite, with the black vinyl first and polka dot vinyl bow second.
- On the bottom of the kite, attach the red ribbon with hot glue.
- Hot glue the remaining polka dot Minnie bows onto the string for decoration.
Note: All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.